At FDC we remain committed to supporting you as we face together the challenges and opportunities that the future will bring. As we move forward, we want you to be our partner - helping to find answers, hope and new ways to give, connect, and lead. Together we will continue to positively impact our local community and build on our joint successes throughout this difficult time.
Since the pandemic began FDC has:
- Provided over 10,000 meals – including from our food pantry, delivery to homebound seniors and ill families, distribution of food boxes and food stipend cards
- Helped over 320 local businesses during COVID-19 connect with financial tools and government services
- Distributed Thanksgiving Turkeys for over 500 families
- Distributed backpacks to over 200 children filled with school supplies
- Been acknowledged by the City as a leader in the field of remote youth programming and invited to present our best practices at a citywide conference with over 360 attendees
- Assist nearly 200 families to resolve housing issues, and held virtual housing workshops for over 1,200 people
- Secured the funds to facilitate the ongoing greening and care of Newkirk Plaza
- Led the fight to #CancelRent with our Flatbush Tenant Coalition
Your help makes so much good happen in our community -- from FDC’s COVID Food Relief Fund to virtual and in-person youth programming to small business support and eviction prevention.